Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter Weather

First, I wanted to update everyone about what's going on in our lives right now. After testing at several different fire departments, nothing was going forward. Portland and Tualatin Valley will be testing again in the fall but Keith felt he couldn't wait for something to "possibly" happen. He decided to go with his number two career choice which is a doctor. So, we're going to sell our house, pay off all our bills, including our cars, and move closer to the college by our house. If we move, he can quit at the fire department and go to school full time. He's hoping to get a job at the hospital in a lab or something to pay the few month to month bills we'll have. He's going to get his degree in Business and Marketing then go to medical school to become an Anesthesiologist. We're going forward with this plan for now but we won't know if he got admitted into the school for another six weeks or more. We're going to live as poor college students again!



Because of the weather here we don't get out much. So, I decided to show you what we've been dealing with. They canceled school last week because it was negative twenty out. School gets canceled at least once a week because of strong winds or cold temperatures. The snow outside our house is crazy deep. People keep getting stuck in our driveway and right in front of our house.




Now, we do have to do something to keep Avery busy since we can't go outside. She really loves to paint.


We had a couple milestones recently.

It was Cameron's very first time wearing a tie.
I know it's nothing big but he looked so cute in it I had to put it up. He reminds us of a shady used car salesman or something. (I'm sorry about the blurry pictures. I've spent several days trying to get this up and I can't figure out how to fix it)




Avery's big milestone opens up a whole new world for her, literally. Finally, at the age of two and a half Avery has figured out how to turn a door knob. She is so proud of herself, but life for Mom and Dad just got a lot harder!




Well, that's about it for now! Until next week!

No comments: