Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I was in need of a haircut...or so Avery thought
Avery likes to color a lot and today she was coloring something that needed to be cut out also. I told her to color it then I would help her cut it out since our scissors are extremely sharp. She wanted me to cut it out right then, but truth be told, I was watching Dancing with the Stars and wanted to wait until a commercial. Let this be a lesson to you, do not put your children second to a TV show! While I was watching Avery came and sat next to me and started playing with my hair. Then I saw a flash of blue and heard the sound that is oh so familiar after years of haircuts. I whipped around and she quickly hid the scissors behind her back. I stood up and looked at the little tuft of my hair that was lying on the couch. I was putting the scissors back in the kitchen and used that time away from her to...laugh. I know, you're thinking I needed to count to ten and calm down before confronting her again. But the whole thing was so absurd to me that I just laughed. It makes total sense for a little kid to cut their own hair, but to cut their mom's! And that the mom did not even notice what was going on until after the fact is unbelievable. It's my own fault for being so into a TV show! Tonight's the finale.
The tuft on the left is what Avery cut of her own hair, which I found by her coloring page. The one on the right is what she cut of mine. I know what you're thinking, it was so nice of her to practice with a little piece of her own hair before cutting a good size chunk of her mom's!!! I should have put a ruler by it, my piece was about 1 1/2 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment